My problem is with your leading ladies.
My problem is that almost all of them are the same.
This is what I have noticed about a lot of YA’s leading ladies:
1. All of them have messy hair.
2. They don’t realize that they are beautiful, and it undoubtedly takes a very specific male to point it out.
3. They are very reluctant to fall in love, or are simply too oblivious to see when a guy likes them.
4. They are always very easily embarrassed , especially in situations that should not end in embarrassment.
And this one gets to me the most:
5. They always remember to wear lip gloss. Ummm, what? Lip gloss is literally the last thing I remember when I’m getting ready? Chapstick, yes. Lip gloss? Absolutely not. These girls can literally have 2 minutes to get ready, and instead of brushing their hair or their teeth, they grab their lip gloss and go. Crazy people.
Anyway, that’s the extent of my list for now. I am absolutely positive there are things I’m forgetting.
Do you have anything to add?